Sugar Doll Blogger Award & Good News at Physical Therapy…
My good friend Lizzy over at http://www.foodtorunfor.blogspot.com harassed me to update my blog and fill out a quick “10 things about me” list she calls the “Sugar Doll Blogger Award”. Lizzy, I apologize for not updating my blog as frequently as I would like, sometimes injuries and life get in the way, wah, wahhhh. Luckily, this magical little post is just the trick to getting me back to posting on a regular basis
1. My laugh is a bit over the top, but the people that love me have completely embraced it!
2. I really can’t stand lazy and unmotivated people. There I said it! My mother once told me, “Kim you don’t sit well.” Unfortunately, that means that I get bothered or annoyed by others that have that premonition! I am very ambitious and sometimes I tend to judge people that aren’t the same way.
3. I don’t generally watch TV, but when I do, I easily get sucked into bad or useless TV: Anything reality in nature, Keeping up with Kardashian’s, Say Yes to the Dress, House Hunters (especially international) occasionally the Soup
4. I’m obsessed with taking pictures. As much as I love taking pictures, I’m obsessed with looking at them on the tiny little digital screen on my camera. I guess I just love making memories and reliving them!
5. I’m OBSESSED with baking. I love it so much that I have to actively tell myself not to bake and make a mess of my kitchen. As much as I love baking, I don’t feel compelled to eat every single treat, I enjoy sharing the cupcake love with family, friends and coworkers!
6. My favorite food snack food is carrots. No lies! I can eat an entire bag of baby carrots in one sitting. I’m not sure what it is, I’ve always loved them.
7. I love being active. My worst days are ones where I don’t have the time, or the ability to work out. Whether it is running, swimming, yoga, core fusion, a class at the gym, or even a class at the gym, I love it all!
8. My friends mean the world to me, and I am extremely lucky to have so many close friends all over the country, and the globe. I firmly believe that “Good friends are like stars, you might not always see them, but you always know they’re there”
9. I HATE elevators. Of course, it doesn’t help that I work in a very tall building and I have to take an elevator anytime I want to do anything on a different floor than my own, boo. I dislike being in small spaces and also how hot and sweaty they are, ICK!
10. I tend to get overly emotional. For those who know me closely, it’s no surprise, for others who know me on the surface it probably is. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and get caught up in things, whether that means crying on my way to work because I see the same hopeless homeless man in the same spot every morning on my way to work, or beating myself up for days over a simple mistake that was barely noticed by my bosses. I like to think that it makes life a little more complex, but it’s better to feel too much than to not feel at all!
Now that I finished my 10 things (phew!) I have FANTASTIC news!!! On Friday July 30th, I visited my physical therapist, Angela (a fellow runner, hooray!) and she tested my knee to see how it was healing. After a few minutes of walking on a treadmill, I was able to slowly run, then walk, run some more, walk again, and I repeated this series for roughly 20 minutes. After confirming several times that I felt good and I didn’t feel any pain or discomfort she cleared me to resume training for Chicago! Hooooray! Angela is so fantastic that she went through my entire marathon training program and amended the remainder of the schedule. After working out a plan to run 3 days a week and slowly increase my milage, she was able to get my longest run up to 18 miles roughly 3 weeks before, which is significantly longer than I thought I would be cleared for! Thank you for all of the support and continue to send good vibes my way in hopes that my knee holds together until 10-10-10!